Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

What are you looking forward to?

I have been trying to keep a countdown so many different ways.  You see, I have a countdown on my computer, on my phone, and on my planner.  I wanted needed something in my room.  And I made it where the caption can be changed out periodically.


Are you ready to learn how to make this?

All you need is:
A wooden plaque

Printer paper
Sponge brush
Mod Podge

Ribbon and/or Decorations
Nail/Hammer
Something to set it on, or hang on the wall with
Clothes pin
Scrapbook paper or fabric of your choice

The first step is to measure your plaque so that you can make your paper or fabric fit exactly to the shape of the plaque.

I used two different sheets of paper...so it complicated the measuring BUT made a huge different on the look of it. :)

Once your paper or fabric is cut, use your sponge brush to coat the plaque in mod podge.
Mod podge is basically a strong clear glue...so do not be afraid if it gets on the outside of the plaque where it will not be covered.

Quickly, lay your scrap book paper or fabric over the coated plaque and let dry for 3 minutes.  Once this is dry re-coat mod podge over this scrapbook paper (you dont have to re-coat for fabric).  The re-coating of the mod podge will make the paper look shiny.

After this dries...for about 5 minutes or until not sticky to touch, you can start decorating.  I used ribbon and flowers bought at my local crafts store.

After the decorating is done, I used the same method to mod podge the boring clothes pin with the left over scrapbook paper that I had :)

Next, hammer a nail into the middle where you would like to hang your caption.  You can do it this way or you can simply glue or mod podge the caption to the plaque.  However, if you do it with the nail, the caption can simply be changed to say other things like "Until graduation, Until Christmas, etc."

I then cut out some scrapbook paper for the caption and modpodged over what I wanted it to say so that it was shiny also. I punched a hole in the top, tied a ribbon, and hung that on the nail.

The last part is gluing the clothes pin to the plaque, and making the numbers on any paper you'd like.

Andddd waaaa lah! 

I hope you like it. 
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Get your countdown on!

No comments: